FREE SCHOOL MEALS
Free school meal entitlement would currently save parents £437 per child per year, as well as entitling you to further discounts on things such as after-school clubs at the academy. Once you have secured your children's entitlement to free school meals status, this provides a significant cash boost to our academy of at least £1320 per child per year. Furthermore, the academy will receive this funding for a further 6 years so long as your child still attends our school, even if you no longer qualify for free school meals. This money directly contributes to the education of your children and the provision we can put in place, and makes a huge difference to the academy.
We would strongly encourage parents who meet any of the criteria below to please complete an application to help yourselves financially, and also to support the academy financially and ultimately your own children’s education as a result.
If your family receives one of the following your children are entitled to free school meals:
- Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for the four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual income of no more than £16,190.
If your child qualifies for free school meals you may also receive a school clothing grant. North Lincolnshire Council will assess this at the same time as your free school meals claim, using the same application.
Click below to make an application for free school meals: